You may ask why we should utilize Brockie Pharmatech for our pharmacy needs. Brockie is a family owned business out of York, PA with 30 years experience, providing customized pharmacy services for senior living facilities and their residents, it is all they do!
Many people come to believe that it is cheaper to purchase their medications at one of the large chain pharmacies. If you have Medicare Part D coverage or prescription coverage as part of your health plan, the amount you pay is controlled by your insurance provider, not where you buy your medications. Therefore, you will be able to increase the level of service you receive and not pay extra when you choose to have your prescriptions filled by Brockie Pharmatech.
You may ask, why Brockie? How are they different?
- Brockie provides "compliance packaging" resulting in a clean environment for your medications and easy accountability for you or your caregiver. Each medication occurs in its own 30 day "blister card" so each pill is immediately visible, making tracking of quantity taken and quantity remaining very easy.
- Brockie provides The Brunswick staff with a computerized medication system called AccuFlo. Brockie handles all of the data entry to assure that the correct medication displays on the computer at the correct administration hours. The correct medication is verified by the barcode on each medication. When medications come from other pharmacies this information must be hand written onto the forms by your caregiver.
- Brockie provides custom labels which simplify the re-ordering and administration process for your caregiver. Custom packaging assures a clean environment for each dose and better accountability for your medication.
- Brockie participates with major Part D Plans and insurance companies. You will receive one-month end bill showing your co-pay amounts. Upon request they will also provide you with a year-end tax statement showing all your "out of pocket" payments.
- Brockie provides their services 24 hours a day, 7 days per week, and 365 days a year. They deliver to our campus daily and will even make emergency deliveries at no additional charge.
- You should have received a welcome packet in the mail. Please sign and return even if you will not be using Brockie at this time, this will allow us to provide services should you need medications in an emergency.
- Monthly billing and yearend tax statements are available.
For non-customers there will be significant charges for these additional services should your doctor determine that an emergency or "stat" order is necessary.
So, as you can see, allowing Brockie to provide your medications makes life easier and more accurate for your caregivers without costing you more money.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us at (717)848-3445.